What is HBaseCon?
HBaseCon is the community event for Apache HBase contributors, developers, admins, and users of all skill levels. The event is hosted and organized by Cloudera, with the Program Committee including leaders from across the HBase community. The conference will be one full day comprising general sessions in the morning, breakout sessions in the morning and afternoon, and networking opportunities throughout the day.
When and where is HBaseCon 2013?
HBaseCon 2013 takes place Thursday, June 13, 2013 at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis on Mission Street.
For those interested in Cloudera training for Apache HBase during the same week, an additional two-day training class will be offered in San Francisco (within easy walking distance of the hotel) prior to the conference on June 11-12, 2013. HBaseCon attendees are eligible for a 15% discount on this training only.
Why should I go to HBaseCon?
There are many, many reasons, but here are the top 5. Basically, if you have any serious interest in HBase at all, missing HBaseCon is unthinkable!
How do I register for HBaseCon?
Register for HBaseCon 2013 via hbasecon.com/register.
To register for HBase training, please visit the training registration page.
What is the registration substitution and cancellation policy?
- Substitutions: We will accept substitutions as long as they are received by 5pm PT on May 31, 2013, via email to .
- Cancellations: A refund, minus a $25 processing fee, will be given for all written cancellations made by 5pm PT on May 17, 2013, via email to . No refunds will be given for cancellations made after that deadline.
How much does it cost to attend the conference?
- Early Bird registration: $295 (through April 23, 2013)
- Standard registration: $350
Cloudera Training for Apache HBase on June 11-12 is offered at an additional cost, with a 15% discount for HBaseCon attendees.
Is there a hotel discount?
Yes, HBaseCon attendees get a discounted room rate and free Internet if booking at the Marriott Marquis (offer available only until May 31, 2013) – you must use this URL for booking in order to get the discount.
When should I plan to arrive and depart?
- HBase training occurs on Tues June 11 – Weds June 12, from 9am-5pm.
- Registration will be open on Thursday, June 13, beginning at 7:30am.
- The Networking Breakfast will open at 8am.
- The first session will start at 9am.
- The Networking Reception ends at 8pm.
What is the dress code?
Dress comfortably, but bring a sweatshirt or jacket. San Francisco can be chilly this time of year.
How do I get in touch?
Contact us at
What’s the official hashtag for HBaseCon 2013?